Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world. We are the largest cancer research and clinical program in Canada. As global leaders in cancer care, we have the expertise to treat over 200 types of cancers including the rarest forms of the disease.
The Princess Margaret has a rich history of research excellence, discovery and innovation. Every day, oncologists at The Princess Margaret combine clinical strength with the research expertise of more than 1,200 researchers to deliver breakthrough cancer research, treatments and patient-centred care.
As Canada’s largest and most comprehensive cancer research centre, The Princess Margaret is responsible for delivering the evidence and measuring the benefit of new treatments and new approaches to cancer care. The Princess Margaret is proud to lead the way in the creation and delivery of the new gold standard in cancer care: Personalized Cancer Medicine.
This new model of patient care will allow us to detect cancer earlier, diagnose cancer with more precision, target treatment more effectively and support patients and families through their cancer journey. By leveraging our research and clinical strength, we will continue to lead the way and deliver the evidence that will create Personalized Cancer Medicine for patients at The Princess Margaret, across Canada and around the world.
The new discoveries and innovative cancer therapies that are changing cancer care for patients globally are happening right here in Canada at The Princess Margaret.
The Princess Margaret is/has
- The world leader in cancer stem cell research
- A world leader in image-guided therapeutics
- A world leader in lung cancer research and treatment
- A world leader in patient survivorship program development
- An emerging leader in breast cancer research and discovery
- World first discoveries: The Stem Cell, T-Cell Receptor and Cancer Stem Cell
- The world’s largest and most advanced single-site radiation medicine program.
- Canada’s most comprehensive immunotherapy program
- Largest first-in-human clinical trial program in Canada with 1 in 5 patients participating in more than 600 trials
The Princess Margaret offers comprehensive cancer care across 13 disease sites:
- Head and Neck
- Central Nervous System
2017 By the Numbers:
- The Princess Margaret treats over 200 types of cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, psychosocial and palliative care.
- New patients: 17,751
- Outpatient chemo visits: 37,754
- Radiation visits: 91,517
- Outpatient Clinic visits per day*: 1,652
- Stem cell transplants: 416
- Surgeries*: 6,031
- *Approx. average based on five-day week
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is a member of the University Health Network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute. All are research hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto. For more information, go to www.uhn.ca.
Funds raised through Rexall™ OneWalk to Conquer Cancer™ support Personalized Cancer Medicine research, treatment advances, education and new standards of care at The Princess Margaret and across Ontario.
Click here for more information on why the Princess Margaret is one of the Top 5 Cancer Research Centres in the world.